Not Getting Results??
So - you've given the gym thing a few months and don't seem to be getting the results you want. What has gone wrong you ask? Am I too old/fat/lazy?? No you are not! Try these ideas:
- Get a new programme. After about 6-8 weeks your body gets used to your programme and results generally slow down. By changing your programme your body will be doing something new and working different muscles so results should start to happen again.
- Up the intensity. If you are here to tone up and lose weight, more doesn't mean better. Try and move up the weight rather than doing extra repetitions. This will work your muscles harder and force them to apapt to the new weight. They will build strength and look more toned.
- Shorten the amount of time on the cardio equipment to about 20 minutes every second day but work really hard while you are doing it. Each time try and go a little bit further or a little bit faster. This will burn more fat during the exercise and for the next hour your body will keep burning fat provided you don't have anything to eat.
- Have personal training sessions. Quite often people think they are pushing themselves hard, but often you are a lot stronger than you think you are and it takes a personal trainer to get it out of you.
- Write a food diary. Write down everything you eat for two week days and a weekend day and bring it in. We can have a look and tell you if you need to make any changes.